Crowcon IREX is an infrared gas detector with full features, fast response time, which gives an mV output through the Wheatstone Bridge just as it is used based on the usual pellistor system.
Designed to enable easy updates of current pellistor based on fixed air detectors. IREX replaces old pellistor thermal probes by simply attaching to old base connection boxes and connecting to original cables. The IREX concept allows upgrading to a double type of IR gas detection technology without ins bearing the great cost of replacing the installed control system.
Compare IR technology with Pellistor technology
- Pellistor does not meet safety: The sensors can be contaminated and feel melted by gases made of silicon, lead, sulphurs and chlorinated vapors
- Pellistor must regularly maintain: Sensors need to be checked regularly with gases to ensure they remain active. Specific sensors last 3 to 5 years, then when they need to be replaced.
- Pellistor needs to manipulate underneath a sinter (fire blocker): Sinter may begin to rust, thus preventing gases from entering the sensor.
- Pellistor can burn: If exposed to gas concentrations exceeding 110%LEL
- Pellistor needs Oxygen: Their ability to detect gases is significantly reduced in oxygen-deprived air
FEATURES CROWCON IREX
- IREX consumes less than 1W for power power – ensuring compatibility with wide range control systems.
- Independent testing of features and reliability under offshore conditions by Micropack Engineering Ltd – demonstrates that IREX will operate in any application.
- 3-party certification with performance standards EN60079-29-1
- Use sophisticated systems and algorithms – ensure reliable operation at all times
- T90 response time of at least 4s – quick directive of rare hydrocarbon gases.
- The optical composition is solved with a Stay-Clir coating – which prevents local dimming in the steam environment.
- No adjustments are required at the probes, adjusting zero points and spans (if necessary) are conducted only at the control panel – significantly saving time and money
- Test can be applied remotely through tube with standard weather protection casing
- Sinter-free operation – unlike Pellistor sensors, there is no danger of sinter being blocked, blocked, locked
CROWCON IREX SPECIFICATIONS
- Size: 120 x 55 x 130mm (1.7 x 5.1 x 3.3ins) (with spigot gland)
- Weight: 1.5kg (10.8oz)
- Packing: 316 Stainless steel
- Protection Level:IP66
- Power supply: 800mW
- Connection: Equipped with M20 connector for installation into existing serial boxes or with an M20 cable connector
- Operating current and voltage: 3Vdc nominal (2.9-3.2Vdc) 260mA nominal (260-280mA)
- Voltage output: 3-wire mV (Wheatstone) Bridge. Typically 10-20mV per % vol. methane
- Operating temperature range: -40°C to +75°C
- Operating humidity range: 0 to 100% RH non-condensing
- Repeatability: +/- 2% FSD
- Drift: +/- 2% FSD per year
- Response time: T-90< 4 secods
- Performance: Tested with EN60079-29-1
- Safety Features: Validated by IEC61508 SIL 2
- Approval: II 2 G Exd IIB + H2 T6 (-40 to +50°C) T4 (-40 to +75°C)/ ATEX & IECEx
- EMC Compliance: EN 50270, FCC, ICES-003
|Size||120 x 55 x 130mm (1.7 x 5.1 x 3.3ins) (with spigot gland)|
|Enclosure material||316 stainless steel|
|Connection||Supplied either with M20 spigot gland for insallation into existing junction boxes or with one M20 cable gland entry|
|Operating voltage and current||3Vdc nominal (2.9-3.2Vdc) |
260mA nominal (260-280mA)
|Electrical output||3-wire mV (Wheatstone) Bridge. Typically 10-20mV per % vol. methane|
|Operating temperature||-40°C to +75°C|
|Humidity||0 to 100% RH non-condensing|
|Repeatability||+/- 2% FSD|
|Zero drift||+/- 2% FSD per year maximum|
|Response time||T-90 <4 seconds|
|Performance||Tested in accordance with EN60079-29-1|
|Functional safety||Validation to IEC61508 SIL 2|
|Approvals||II 2 G Exd IIB + H2 T6 (-40 to +50°C) T4 (-40 to +75°C) |
ATEX & IECEx
|EMC compliance||EN 50270, FCC, ICES-003|